Whether you’re already retired, or planning ahead, this practical workshop will help you to reflect, re-envision and re-vitalise your life and develop a plan for your future, on your own terms.
In your middle years, working, retired or somewhere in between? What’s next? Life is about much more than work or leisure, but most of us have given little thought to what “retirement” might mean.
It’s difficult to speculate what may happen in the future – but we can be proactive and take control.
This course offers insights into how to make the most of our time once we’re less focused on career and/or childrearing. It covers many of the issues people face when considering a move from current employment to a different lifestyle that includes more time to do the things we’ve always promised ourselves we’d do – “when we retire”.
After the workshop, you’ll be able to identify a number of common issues and potential ways to manage them when considering and planning your “rejuvenation”, rather than a retirement. We won’t cover financial planning, but will focus on some of the personal growth opportunities for living and making a conscious contribution to your community.
By the end of the day, you’ll have:
• Developed your own perspective on ageing and retirement in the 21st Century and identified what’s important to you
• Completed a personal life audit exercise and considered your strengths
• Explored possibilities in the major aspects of your life and identified potential challenges and strategies for overcoming them
• Developed a blueprint to maximise the best years of your life and developed a “future proofing” downsizing plan
• Considered options to include a sense of purpose and explored and implemented choices that provide you with that sense of purpose
Bring pen and paper.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".