This course gives you the opportunity to explore and sharpen both your technical and creative skills, so you have the ability and vision to capture the enchanting world that resides in the darkness.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Identify the equipment needed to take photographs at night
• Learn fundamentals of photography composition and editing of night images
• Identify how to use technical photographic tools in a night time context
• Explore techniques that allow you to develop a more creative approach to picture making including: light painting, intentional camera movement and light trails
• Recognise the importance of light and colour in night photography and develop your ability to use it to make dynamic images
Course includes a couple of evening field trips (tutor will advise of suitable dates once course is under way).
You must bring a tripod and, if you have one, a neutral density filter and cable release remote. You need a fully manual DSLR or mirrorless camera and an intermediate understanding of camera functions. Not suitable for point and shoot cameras.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who have completed an intermediate photography course or equivalent.