Come along and learn how to fill sausage casings with a tasty mincemeat and get tips and tricks on how to make your own customized sausage mixes at home with the use of various herbs and spices. Everyone will get some sausages to take home and enjoy.
All ingredients included in course fee but please bring your apron, a dish cloth and a couple of tea towels to the session.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise how to handle a knife safely
- Understand food safety and hygiene around sausage-making and avoiding cross contamination
- Recognise the difference between two kinds of sausage casings and why you use each of them
- Have some ideas on how to make and cook a good quality sausage properly
- Be able to safely store sausages products
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".