In this fresh 6-week jewellery making course, you get a hands-on opportunity to develop new techniques creating rings with a sculptural and organic flair.
The lost wax process offers a wide range of creative outcomes such as 3D forms and textures, which are not achievable with fabrication techniques.
You will design and create a pair of rings in jeweller’s wax. These wax masters will be cast professionally for you, outside class, making them in metals of your choice - copper, brass, yellow bronze or white bronze.
Later in the course you will refine your new wax shaping skills and develop a ring to be cast in sterling silver!
In the second part of the course, you will sand and refine your casts into finished jewellery.
The class offers beginners a fun introduction to jewellery making, and for those with some jewellery experience it offers a great way to advance and expand your making techniques to new levels.
All materials included in course fee. Please bring pen and paper and your reading glasses (if you use these) and wear clothing and footwear suitable for a workshop environment.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Evolve your jewellery making abilities with new and exciting lost wax methods
- Develop and create unique sculptural ring designs
- Carve hard jeweller’s wax ring master designs to fit a chosen finger size for casting
- Sculpt and model soft jeweller’s wax master design to fit a chosen finger size for casting
- Combine hard and soft jeweller’s wax to create unique designs ready for casting
- File, sand and polish metal casts into finished jewellery
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".