By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Have a basic understanding of the Māori spiritual and natural worlds (mana atua, mana whenua), and our important connections to them
• Identify the sounds of Māori letters and pronounce letter combinations using correct intonation and stress patterns
• Confidently greet people, introduce yourself and communicate basic personal information in an informal context
• Identify and respond to phrases in the classroom including basic commands/instructions
• Confidently describe the day/date, time, and the weather
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and for statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process.
A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend at least 80% of the sessions. The first time you enrol, you'll need to provide your National Student Number (NSN).