This introduction to Adobe's InDesign program will cover: setting preferences; understanding the frame-based approach through exploration of frame creation, properties and use; placing and editing text (with styles); placing graphics; defining and applying colour and print considerations.
By the end of the workshop, you'll have been introduced to InDesign. You'll be shown the program and the main features of its desktop, and then be taken through how to create and work with the main publishing items (text and graphics) in order to create your own publication.
You'll be able to:
• Describe the features of InDesign and how to work with them
• Create text frames, connect text frames and format text
• Create shapes and frames and format them
• Import pictures into publications
• Use rulers, guides and the pasteboard to lay out pages
• Finish off, check and then print
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
Good computer skills essential.