By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Describe some aspects of Fa’a Samoa (Samoan culture and traditions), including food
• Identify the alphabet and sounds of Samoan and pronounce them with confidence
• Confidently greet people, introduce yourself and give basic personal information (with either one or more people) in different social scenarios
• Use numbers, money, colours and tell the time
• Talk about family, relationships and things at home at a basic level
• Use language related to shopping and interact confidently with shopkeepers in Samoa
This course is offered at a reduced fee due to the support of the Community Education Centre.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and for statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process.
A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend at least 80% of the sessions. The first time you enrol, you'll need to provide your National Student Number (NSN) or, if you don't have one, email a copy of your passport or birth certificate as proof of your NZ citizenship or residency to email@example.com.