By the end of the course, you'll be able to communicate in basic sign language and will be able to:
• Introduce yourself, greet other people and exchange personal information
• Demonstrate strategies for: getting attention, asking for clarification, correction and repetition
• Demonstrate the finger spelling alphabet
• Use numbers (0 – 20) and simple time phrases
• Express basic needs and wants
• Use a basic signing vocabulary
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and for statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process.
A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend at least 80% of the sessions. The first time you enrol, you'll need to provide your National Student Number (NSN) or, if you don't have one, bring a copy of your passport or birth certificate as proof of your NZ citizenship or residency to the first session.