For those who can understand and use simple English in everyday situations but need to build confidence, vocabulary and grammar.
By the end of the course, you'll:
• Feel more confident speaking English in everyday situations
• Be able to write more correct sentences
• Be able to understand more English, especially “New Zealand English”
• Have increased your vocabulary
• Be able to describe more about living in New Zealand and New Zealand culture
This course is free for NZ citizens and residents but to enrol you must contact the CEC office (04 385 8919) for an interview. There are limited free places available and you may need to go on a waiting list.
There may be some places on the course for people who are not NZ residents or citizens but you must pay the course fee of $949.
This course is subsidised by the Tertiary Education Commission and you are expected to attend at least 80% of the classes. Please note that there is no student parking at the High School during the day.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who are becoming more confident in using English in everyday situations.