For those who have completed te reo Māori - Introductory 2 recently or have equivalent knowledge. [Discounted fee of $75 for NZ citizens and residents - proof required].
Continue to develop your speaking and listening skills in te reo Māori.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
• Practise and discuss the Māori values of whanaungatanga, mana reo and tīkanga in the learning environment
• Ask and answer questions about people’s family, home, likes and dislikes and work situations
• Have some ability to have simple conversations about things that happen regularly in your everyday life
• Introduce a person, an object, or a 'memory in time' and confidently describe its basic physical or emotional features
• Describe in detail where objects or people are situated in the classroom, the home, and the workplace
• Use relevant vocabulary to confidently purchase an item and discuss prices and ways of payment at the supermarket or at a cafe
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who have completed a te reo Māori - Introductory 2 course or equivalent.
NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and for statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process.
A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend at least 80% of the sessions. The first time you enrol, you'll need to provide your National Student Number (NSN) or, if you don't have one, email a copy of your passport or birth certificate as proof of your NZ citizenship or residency to email@example.com.