Welcome to the world of Electronic Dance Music (EDM). This introductory course will show you the "ins and outs" of producing your own music. Using Fruity Loops SL as the main production program, you'll learn how to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master quality music.
While it's designed to complement the "How to be A DJ" course, you can still enrol if you have no experience.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Use the basics of the Fruity Loops SL software
- Navigate audio and midi tracks
- Create drum Lines and sequences
- Play basslines and samples
- Render tracks and save formats e.g. mp3, wav etc
- Use basic mixdown and master of music
The course will be held at DJ Shan’s studio at Shop 21, 71 Cuba Street, Wellington. Bring headphones, a USB and a laptop, if you have one. Limited to eight participants.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".