During this course, you will develop and build on your writing skills so you can confidently produce scripted narrative. You will learn how the basics of scriptwriting work, whether it be for stage or screen.
Topics discussed and practised include the hero’s journey, script format, the differences between writing for film, theatre and television, creating dialogue, world building and more.
We’ll take part in exercises, watch clips and have group discussions. In workshops, you’ll give and receive feedback, developing your scriptwriting skills through both. By the end of the course, you’ll be ready to finish your script, and take the next steps toward bringing it from page to stage (or screen!).
Bring pen and paper.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Analyse film, television, and theatre with a new lens for the way scripted stories work
- Develop character arcs and dynamics
- Create and build worlds
- Write effective dialogue and work with subtext
- Develop and implement a writing routine that works for your life
- Give and receive constructive feedback on your writing
- Have the confidence to put your work out into the world
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".