Kimchi, K-POP, Hanguel(Korean Language), Hanbok(Korean traditional clothing), these all represent Korean culture. Korea is located in the very end of the continent of Asia. Its culture is rich and deep as its history goes back about 5,000 years.
This course is for those who would like to expand to understand about the Korean language and the culture. It focuses on the living conversations and the real experiences of various aspects of Korean culture. If you know about the Korean vowels and consonants, it's for you!
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Organise conversations in the given situation using your own words and correct grammar.
- Order food using Korean simple expressions at a restaurant.
- Ask and answer how to find directions in Korean.
- Buy goods using proper words at Korean shops.
- Write a simple letter in Korean to your classmates.
- Memorise and sing one Korean song.
- Read a Korean simple folk tale and a Korean primary school level text book.
- Expand cultural experiences such as Korean traditional music, food, traditional games, underfloor heating system온돌and Korean tea ceremony etc.
- Become more confident about Korean language and the cultural aspects.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who have attended a Korean - Introductory course or have equivalent knowledge.