Improve your experience. We are very sorry but this website does not support Internet Explorer. We recommend using a different browser that is supported such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Learn the fundamental skills and theory of good photography and get the best results from your DSLR or mirrorless camera (fully manual-capable only). Includes a Saturday field trip.
If you want to get the best results from your camera, you need to learn the fundamental skills and theory of good photography.
Bring your fully manual-capable (D)SLR or mirrorless camera and owner's manual (if you have one) to the first session.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
• Operate your camera in manual mode with more confidence
• Use your camera controls such as shutter speed and aperture with confidence
• Determine a correct exposure
• Present and discuss images in a group environment
• Demonstrate technical concepts through their practical application
NOTE: Compact cameras are not suitable for this course. Includes a Saturday field trip at a date and time to be advised - check individual course details.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".