You'll learn basic italic script skills, with an emphasis on the lower case and a short time on upper case, correct use of the calligraphy pen and the right way to form the letters.
A list of materials required (approximate cost $50) will be sent out when course numbers are confirmed.
By the end of the workshop, you'll:
• Have a basic understanding of the italic script, especially the lower case letters
• Be able to hold the pen on the right angle
• Be able to describe the starting place and the number of strokes for each letter
• Know how to analyse and compare letters with examples given
• Be inspired by seeing beautiful work done by others
• Feel encouraged to practise and improve letter forms at home
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".