By the end of the course, you will:
• Have increased your confidence in speaking English
• Be able to understand native speakers more easily
• Have improved your vocabulary and grammar
• Have improved your pronunciation
• Understand and be able to use informal spoken English e.g. idioms and slang
• Be able to discuss some local customs
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who generally speak with confidence and accuracy but need to develop fluency and the use of idiomatic language. If you are enrolling with us for the first time, please contact the CEC office (04 385 8919) before you enrol on-line so that we can check the level of your English to make sure that you are in the correct class.
NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and you must provide proof of your residency when you enrol or attend your first session. For statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process. A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend at least 80% of the sessions.
Non residents are welcome to enrol, but must pay the full fee.